Why choose a link to mosaic for your school, community or private project?
- Beautiful, using tiles which are frost proof and come in a wide range of colours.
- Lasting, due to the nature of mosaics there is no possibility of the colours fading over time, as may happen with a painted mural
- Inclusive, from design to completion and for any age and ability.
- Near vandal proof, the most likely thing to occur is tagging which can be easily cleaned.
- Curriculum links, a wide range of links can be made depending on the nature of the piece and the imagery.
- Learn new skills, basic mosaicing is easy to learn then it all comes down to practice and you imagination and patience.
See the portfolio for examples of completed projects in a variety of settings
Mosaic project benefits will be to the participants both individually and as a group, and to the entire local or school community.
- Designing and creating something from start to finish.
- To work as a group and participate
- To say I made that
- Improving self esteem, empowerment and communication.
- To see what your friends/ group has done
- All ages and abilities can be involved - mosaics are a truly inclusive medium and require no prior artistic talent or knowledge
- The joy of using different materials
- Discovering or rediscovering skills (including transferable ones)
- Satisfaction - results are seen quickly!
- The wider community will see the result and feel proud and inspired
- Mosaics cannot be set alight, are nearly impossible to smash and can often be repaired if vandalised and cleaned if tagged
- Mosaics have a long lifespan and the project becomes part of the environment and in fact part of the history of the community