Below are some of the most popular ideas to get you thinking – with an approximate guide price including all materials (excluding VAT and expenses). My costings also include any preparation time I need before I arrive. When you contact me with your questions / ideas I will talk you through any variables to enable me to send you a fully priced (no obligation) proposal.
The benefits of a mosaic project are numerous, and you get a beautiful, lasting piece of community art alongside the positive outcomes for everyone involved in the creative process.
Wall murals and signs
These come in a range of sizes, and can be suitable for inside or outside. I would be in school or other venue for between 1.5 and 5.5 days, depending on size and on the number of participants. Example prices by size are as follows:
- 1.2 x 1.2m: £700 + VAT / expenses
- 1.2 x 2m: £1200 + VAT / expenses
- 2m x 2m: £1700 + VAT / expenses
- Three 1.2m x 2m murals: £2500 + VAT / expenses
Wall value murals
These are specifically designed to communicate school values, combining words and imagery.
- Four 0.62 x 1.22m murals: £1200 + VAT / expenses
- Eight 0.62 x 1.22m murals: £1700 + VAT / expenses
- Twelve 0.62 x 1.22m murals: £2600 + VAT / expenses
These are built up using concrete paving slabs and so can come in almost any shape and size. For the two options below, I would work with participants for between 5-10 days.
- 2.4m diameter mural consisting of a central circle slab (of 60cm diameter) and first ring of 8 and a second ring of 16: £2000 + VAT / expenses.
- However it can also have an extra element in the middle such as a column, with the cost depending on the height.
A ground based sundial which allows the person to become part of the machinery to tell the time. I would work with participants for 5-10 days depending on size/options. There would be some additional costs for plotting out and installation.
- A Human Sundial of up to 30 mosaiced numbers and the months: £1200 + VAT / expenses
- The above with extra decorative slabs to the months section (see picture) to add extra colour – and something to look at on a cloudy day! Typically around £3700 + VAT / expenses
Benches & Pod seats
Benches vary enormously in size but do contact me with your ideas – the one in the picture was a community project for a park and cost around £700+ VAT / expenses.
Pod seats are circular, created by mosaicing sections of ceramic drainage pipes filled with concrete (when completed each weighs around 9 stone). The design usually has letters so together the seats spell out a word such as “Hope, Love” and they are perfect for school friendship benches.
To create 8 pod seats (see image) I would work with participants for 3 – 4 days, typical cost £1900 + VAT / expenses.