Why choose a mosaic for your school, community or private project?
- Beautiful – frost resistant tiles in over 20 colours
- Long lasting – the colours will not fade (possible with a painted mural)
- Inclusive – any age/ability can take part, from design to completion
- Near vandal proof – the most likely vandalism is tagging, which is easily cleaned
- Curriculum links – a wide range of links can be made depending on the nature of the piece and the imagery
- Learn new skills which can be developed– basic mosaicing is easy to learn, then it all comes down to practice, imagination and patience
- Benefits the individuals, groups working together – and the whole school / community….everyone who will see it for years to come!
- Words and images are used – an eye catching way to communicate that appeals to all learning styles and ages
‘a great project that involved and inspired many and beautifully communicates our values and ethos’
- Designing and creating something from start to finish
- To work together as a group
- To say ‘I made that’
- Improving self esteem, empowerment and communication
- All ages and abilities – no prior artistic talent or knowledge needed
- The joy of using different materials
- Discovering or rediscovering skills (including transferable ones)
- Satisfaction – results are seen quickly!
Legacy of mosaics:
- The wider community will see the result and feel proud and inspired
- Mosaics cannot be set alight, are nearly impossible to smash and can often be repaired if vandalised and cleaned if tagged
- Mosaics have a long lifespan, the project becomes part of the environment and part of the community’s history
- Skills and interests are developed and shared